- Our family dumps more milk down the sink than we actually consume. This happens because nobody here is a milk drinker. Today is a particularly egregious example of this as I am going to have to break the unopened seal on the unused, outdated 2 litre (half gallon) container sitting in my fridge before I can pour it down the sink.
- Out of the seven members in our family four of us were born outside of Canada, and only one of us doesn't hold dual citizenship. To add to the confusion, out of two daughters-in-law and one almost son-in-law only one of them was born in Canada. We make President Obama's situation look straightforward.
- Nobody who is living or ever has lived under this roof has ever been guilty of committing a family misdemeanour. Family misdemeanours include but are not restricted to such things as eating the last cracker in the box, then putting the box back in the cupboard instead of the recycling, absconding with the family cutlery (where do all those knives, forks and spoons go?), and starting small fires. In response to my questioning over the years I have been met with everything from vehement denials, to looks of incredulity that I would even think it possible that they would do such things. Maybe I just suffer from an overly suspicious nature.
- I have enough air miles for three free trips to Europe, or one trip to Europe and one to Asia. This would be much better news if I actually had someone to travel with. Does anybody feel like going to Europe for a few weeks this September?
- I am one of those annoying people who fall asleep the moment their head hits the pillow. I am also the kind of person who sleeps soundly the whole night through. Except for tonight. The howling wind woke me up from a deep sleep, and for some reason I started thinking about that milk in the fridge, and then I was thinking about my blog, and before I knew what was happening I found myself sitting at my computer at 3:00 in the morning. Unlike item number three, at least I know who, or in this instance, what was to blame.
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Five Fast Facts
Here are five random facts that have absolutely nothing to do with anything.