Family and some very helpful friends showed up early to prep. My guess is my brother didn't know when he agreed to be the emcee for the evening that it also meant he had to be the candle lighter.
The venue was great, and we stationed David outside the front door so guests would know they had arrived at the right spot. David was the perfect pick, as he tends to stand out in a crowd.
This "memory corner" proved to be popular. Everyone enjoyed looking at baby photos of the bride and groom!
There was amazing food, and entertainment was provided by Alexandra and Anita.
Rebekah looked beautiful, and her dress was gorgeous.
Vows were exchanged.
Along with the rings.
Then disaster struck. Rebekah got sick. Very, very sick. So sick that halfway through her wedding I had to take her to her apartment. It was sad and it was horrible. There is no way to put a good spin on it. I know everyone else had a great time, but the most important person - the one who had spent months planning and had so looked forward to celebrating with family and friends - missed her own party. The best guess is that she had food poisoning from some leftovers she had eaten for lunch, but we will never know for sure.
Here is the video they showed the night of their wedding. There is a password you need to be able to view it. It is rhaz. The password is only good for the next week. Rebekah's blog has some great pictures from her wedding, and you can read her perspective on the evening.