This blog post was inspired by my latest batch of whipped cream. For the first five decades of my life I thought I didn't like whipped cream. I probably shouldn't admit this, but for the first three and a half decades instead of whipped cream I would use Cool Whip. I look back on that artificial topping time as my culinary Dark Age.
Then about three years ago I thought I should give whipped cream a try. Big mistake. I discovered that not only did I like the stuff, I loved it! The second unfortunate discovery I have made is that almost any dessert can be improved with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
As I spooned some whipped cream over fresh raspberries yesterday I had one of my "if I ran the world" thoughts. And, as so often happens, one thought led to another. So here, in no particular order, are five ways the world would be different if I was left in charge.
If I Ran The World:
1. Whipped cream would be a healthful way to meet your daily calcium requirements.
2. Life would have a Free Parking day once a month. I don't mean the kind you find on the street for your car. I mean the Monopoly kind. In real life this would be a day where you had no pressing matters to attend to, no financial transactions or worries of any kind, no meals to prepare, no messes to clean up, and life took care of itself in a most efficient and pleasant manner.
3. Grown-up children would not cause their parents any worry. Until my children were grown-up I suffered from the delusion that this was the way the world really did run. This was no doubt due to brain damage from all that Cool Whip I consumed in my younger years.
4. Moths would only be attracted to acrylic yarn.
5. Fergus and Jenny would always look this angelic.