Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Catch Up

My mom and sister-in-law Cheri just left this morning. We had a great visit with them, and I think it was really good for my mom to have a mini-holiday. I really appreciated the fact that not only was Cheri willing to drive my mom 600 kilometers to see us, she also had to fly from her home in Chicago in order to do so. I gifted her with these autumn-themed dish cloths by KrisKnits. I don't especially enjoy knitting with cotton, but these patterns were so cute I decided to make an exception.


Clockwise from upper left: tree with bare branches, pear, scarecrow, maple leaf, pumpkin pie, pumpkin

Here's another recently finished project. I knit this for my dear friend Barb, who is celebrating a birthday tomorrow. Unfortunately I had to mail Barb's present to her, so don't have a picture of her wearing it. You will have to settle for my in-house model Alexandra.





This is my second Boneyard Shawl, and I have to say it was as much fun knitting this one as the first. Now I am caught up with posting recently completed knitting projects. I just wish I could say the same about the other areas of my life. It is always fun having guests, but once they leave and real life takes over again it is always shocking to discover how far behind I am.

16 comments:

  1. Aren't they the cutest? I made the Thanksgiving ones and just downloaded the winter ones to do for Christmas presents.

    Love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was tempted to buy the Christmas patterns, but knitting with cotton hurts my hands. I think this will be it for dish cloths for me. I'll be anxious to see yours when you get them knit!

      Delete
  2. loving the shawl, great colour too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue! The colour is even better in person. For some reason it was hard to capture the depth of the colours in the picture.

      Delete
  3. I hope your mom enjoyed her visit. The dish cloths are too nice to ever use. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did enjoy her visit - just not the dogs. :-)

      Delete
  4. Great shawl, what a lovely colour! Love those dishclothes too, I started some wedding ones for a friend, really must finish them before the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! The shawl is much prettier than the picture shows. The yarn has much deeper shades than I could catch with my camera. Dish cloths make great gifts. I'm sure your friend will appreciate hers!

      Delete
    2. What a lovely gifts...and you have teh best modell .-)

      Delete
    3. She is always reluctant to model, but does a good job once I get her out the door!

      Delete
  5. Oh, I love your shawl, beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My friend I made it for really liked it too. I wish the picture did the colours of the yarn justice.

      Delete
  6. I came oh so close to you and yet not quite close enough.... More when I'm home in a couple of days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really hoping you would make it through Kamloops! Next time! I hope your trip is going well.

      Delete
  7. Boneyard is such a fast lovely shawl. I've made two also. One for myself one as a gift for my Nan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fast and lovely are perfect descriptions!

      Delete