Thursday, September 6, 2012

Seoul Connection

I am sitting at the Vancouver International Airport, waiting for my flight to Seoul, South Korea. I only have a few minutes to write this before I have to board the plane, so this will have to be short. I am going to try to blog regularly while I am away, so stay tuned for some travel adventure posts over the next few weeks.

At the moment I am just trying to calm my nerves due to the fact I really, really hate flying. The only way I know how to do that is focus on my knitting. (Well, I could break into the bottle I bought at the duty free shop, but I think they frown on that kind of behaviour.) I have packed two projects into my carry on, because I was worried I might finish the pair of socks before the plane touched down, and me on a plane without needles in my hands is not a good thing.




I asked the lady sitting next to me to take a picture of me writing my blog. She was very sweet, but also very chatty. This picture cost me twenty minutes of valuable blogging time.




Here's the reason for my trip, my Seoul connection.



Rebekah is teaching English in Guri, just outside of Seoul. I can't wait to spend the next couple of weeks visiting with her and Anton, having conversations that are in person instead of via Skype, sharing some great Korean food and maybe a little bit of Soju, and hopefully reconnecting with some old friends who are currently living in Seoul. 

4 comments:

  1. We're very jealous, our friends just flew back to Seoul (well, Inchon actually) and we miss them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay. Have a safe trip. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy and safe travels, I look forward to reading about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the flight went without a hitch and you got some knitting done. Have a wonderful trip

    ReplyDelete