Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday Bliss

Today is one of those rare days where there is nothing on my calendar, not a single item on a to-do list, or any food to prepare (Sunday is leftover day at our house). This isn't to say there isn't stuff I could be doing, but there is nothing I need to be doing.

The weather is rainy and cold, which means these leaves will have to wait for another day to be raked.




Fergus loves the leaves and will be sorry to see them go.




Another indicator of a great day is one that starts out with dessert. This is an Apple Pot Pie leftover from last night. It was actually very healthy in spite of its dessert status.




I splurged and bought a new release from The Great Courses called The Spiritual Brain: Science and Religious Experience that I plan to start watching today. Okay, maybe this isn't what most people would choose for entertainment, but I love this kind of thing. Especially because I can watch it and knit at the same time.

Which brings me to the next great thing about today. I have just cast on for a project I have been wanting to knit ever since the pattern came out last winter. Granted, it doesn't look like much yet, but I promise it will the next time you see it.




Can you guess what it is from my project list?




So now I am going to settle in with a cup of tea and enjoy my Perfect Sunday. I hope yours is good, too.

14 comments:

  1. Well, I do see socks on the list, but the needles look a little big for those. I'm going to guess Irish Coffee, and that it's a coffee cup holder/warmer.

    Enjoy your free Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good guess, but not the correct one. Irish Coffee is actually a sweater that I am planning to make with the yarn I bought in Scotland last year. This is the first of the Cloisonee mittens, designed by the Yarn Harlot. Since writing this post I have finished the cuff and it was so much fun to knit.

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, I remember those mittens!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! It has been a wonderfully peaceful day - a rare treat around here! :-)

      Delete
  3. Your Sunday sounds wonderful.

    We spent the day getting ready for Hurricane Sandy coming ashore - we live here in Central NY so we are suppose to get a large amount of rain and 80mph gusting winds.

    Going to knit and pray everyone involved stays safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been thinking about all the people on the East Coast who clearly aren't having a blissful Sunday. I hope the storm blows itself out before reaching you, but from the sounds of it that doesn't seem likely. Stay dry, warm and safe! It definitely sounds like a good time to pull out your knitting, even if you have to do it by candlelight because the power goes out.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a nice Sunday. We've been preparing for the storm and expected power outage. The Federal government will be closed tomorrow, as will the Smithsonian. I'm hoping the forecast is wrong and the storm will stay off-shore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, hopefully this storm turns out to be nothing serious. It must be unusual for the government to shut down completely like this. I hope you still get paid even if you don't have to go to work. Stay safe Rick!

      Delete
  5. We all need a day where nothing needs get done. I'm glad you enjoyed yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My reply to you is just below. For some reason (most likely I pushed the wrong button) it came out as a new comment instead of a reply. :-)

      Delete
  6. Absolutely! I made myself stick to it, too. Several times I was tempted to do a couple odd jobs around the house, but I stopped myself each time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see those Cloisonee mitts when they're done. What colors did you use for the cuffs? ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am using green, blue and purple. Knitting that cuff was so much fun! I am sure there will be more than one pair if these that come off my needles before this winter's over.

      Delete