Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Movie Suggestion Plus Some Fibre

Yesterday I mentioned mailing some parcels while I was down in the land of cheap postage rates. One of the packages I mailed was to my blog friend Anett. I am not going to show you what was in the parcel because I don't want to ruin the surprise, but I can show you what she sent me last month.



Isn't it beautiful? Anett is a very talented hand dyer from Hungary. This is 100% merino, and should spin up into some lovely yarn. If you are a spinner interested in adding some great fibre to your stash, there is a link to her online shop on the side bar of Anett's blog, The Crafty Side of Life. I haven't done any spinning since I got Fergus, but I think he is almost civilized enough now for me to bring my wheel out again. Hopefully he is past the stage he was in a couple months ago when he decided to use the treadle on my wheel as a chew toy. It now looks a bit like The Wheel of Misfortune.

Here is today's movie suggestion. Do not go to a movie about things going wrong on an airplane if you are afraid of flying. It turns out this is a very bad idea. I know this because my mom and I went to the movie Flight last Sunday. Without giving away the plot I think it is safe to say things go wrong on the plane. Very wrong. I did mention to my mom before we went that I wasn't sure it was a good pick for me. She told me I could just cover my eyes. It didn't work.

10 comments:

  1. Oh no! Parents always say that, but I don't know that it ever works! :)

    That is pretty wool. In it's current form it reminds me of a clipped psychedelic hair braid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I cover my eyes I always end up peaking. It's pathetic. I'm supposed to be a grown-up. :-)

      Delete
  2. I can honestly say, watching movies about disasters doesn't affect my ability to fly or take a cruise or whatever. My biggest flying fear is that my checked bag (that I paid a fortune to check) won't be where I'm at when the flight lands...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Losing luggage is definitely a concern. And I do worry about that too, which I guess makes me a very nervous passenger! :-)

      Delete
  3. I'm that way about movies or tv with diseases. I get all. of. the. things. after I watch them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would really narrow down what you can watch! Are you able to read books that talk about diseases? I'm better reading about plane crashes than watching them on the screen.

      Delete
  4. Oh yeah, when I saw the trailer for that movie I looked my husband square in the eyes and said in the calmest voice I could control "We are NOT going to watch that movie." He understood immediately! (Good man, took me 25 years to train him though!)

    The wool is just beautiful!

    And listen, while I have your attention...... I want to comment about a comment you made on my blog a while ago. YES, sometime we will have to get together and meet and talk of homeschooling days and knitting! My grandpa was from Perth Ontario! (My maiden name is Gallipeau - French Canadian).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like you have your husband trained better than I do my mom! :-)

      If your grandpa was from Perth, Ontario you are practically Canadian! Hopefully we will get that meet-up some day soon!

      Delete
  5. With an aircarft engineer and test pilot for a father, and translating tons of documents about aircafts I do know what can go wrong in an airplane... I am totally immune to flying though, I am not afraid, but I am not enchanted by it either... when people go "look there is an airplane!" I am like "so what? we have a couple at home...(small ones though"
    I am so glad you liked the fiber, i am just gearing myself up to dy some more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me feel a little better to hear you say that about flying. But not enough to make me look forward to the next time I get on a plane. Was your dad a military test pilot?

      Delete