Tuesday, February 5, 2013

To Write Or Not To Write

It has been almost a week since my last blog post. I really didn't intend for that much time to go by, but I have been waiting until I could make an announcement before I posted again. My frustration is I still don't have the information I need, and until I know for sure what is happening I best not say anything. So here I am on a Tuesday afternoon feeling like I don't have anything worthwhile to write about simply because I can't write about what I want to. I assure you, this makes it all sound much more exciting and mysterious than it really is. I just need to know what I am writing about before I can write about it. So stay tuned - all will be revealed in my next blog post.

In the meantime, the sun is shining, the snow is sparkling, and a gluten-free banana cake is baking in the oven, filling the house with a delicious smell. And I have two bits of good news to report. Yesterday I made the wonderful discovery of a long forgotten Cadbury's Dark Chocolate Fruit & Nut bar stashed away in one of my hiding places. Finding chocolate I have forgotten about is one of my greatest joys in life.




The other good news is I only have six days left to knit on my Sky Scarf. I have caught up on weaving in all the ends to date, and can't wait to cast off next Monday. Kamloops has had a very unusual weather pattern this winter, with weeks of low cloud and fog, with only a few sunny days sandwiched in between. It has been depressing to experience, and even more depressing to knit. The dove grey yarn is getting used up at such an alarming rate I have been afraid I might not have enough. Today's sky with its brilliant blue and white was a welcome change. Even if the remaining six days are overcast I should have just enough dove grey left to finish thanks to today's reprieve.




Next up, the news...hopefully!

26 comments:

  1. Lol, it DOES help to know what you are writing about before you write about it, I can't wait to read your news, whatever it may be. And yum to finding a chocolate stash. Can't wait to see your scarf either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing better than chocolate stash is knitting stash. :-)

      Delete
  2. Grey skies, you know not the agony of grey skies!! (hee hee) Can't wait to see the finished scarf. And as to news .... I'll be over here, waiting patiently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid the Sky Scarf is going to be rather dull in comparison to some of my other projects. Let's face it - it is a garter stitch scarf in blues, greys and white. It has a lot of meaning, but isn't spectacular to look at.

      Hopefully you don't have to wait patiently for very long. :-)

      Delete
  3. I hope you have nothing but blue skies ahead of you. Trader Joe's has a good dark chocolate bar with fruit and nuts---but it would be difficult to make a bad one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Trader Joe's chocolate bars. I stock up every time I go down to my mom's.

      Delete
  4. Kristie,

    I know how you feel about chocolate bars stashed away. My mother used to do that and forget about it. I used to find them and eat all of them. Those were good old days.

    And I can't wait to hear the news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Even better if you can find someone else's stash! Although, if somebody here got into mine I would be pretty mad. :-)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! on sticking with the Sky Scarf. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to build up any anticipation around the finished scarf since it is rather plain looking. It is filled with meaning, but not so much with beauty. :-)

      Delete
  6. Well now you have us all intrigued!

    The discovery of buried chocolate is tantamount to that of buried treasure, I agree. But the sky scarf ... a year already? Really? Don't forget to show us will you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I should have set up a poll so everyone could guess at what the news is. Buried chocolate is, indeed, tantamount to buried treasure. And I promise pictures of the Sky Scarf next week. :-)

      Delete
  7. what a treat...a fruit and nut bar! hope you enjoyed it? did you have to share or could you indulge yourself?
    havent heard of the sky scarf before, have just started following..... you knit a few rows of the sky colour that day for a year???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think, or at least I hope, I am a generous person. But I never share chocolate. :-)

      Yes, for the Sky Scarf you use two strands of yarn to best represent the day's sky colours and knit 2 rows each day for a year. I started on my birthday last February. It seemed like a good idea at the time...Ha!

      Delete
  8. Can't wait to hear your news in your next post! How lucky to find the chocolate bar, life would not be the same without the treat of chocolate! Wonderful images of the clouds it looks quite strange.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine life without chocolate! That cloud yesterday was spectacular. I took the picture while I was out for a walk in the afternoon. I just had my iPhone with me, but I think it did a fairly good job of capturing the beauty.

      Delete
  9. Looking forward to your news!

    I know what you mean about weird weather. Here in the normally sunny South we've had one day after another of gray, dismal skies, and my motivation level is directly connected to the amount of sunshine I get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The constant grey can be very oppressive. It's odd that you have had the same kind of weather as we have. Hopefully we both get lots of sunshine soon, although I'm sure you will beat me to it. We still have a month or so of winter weather to face here in BC.

      Delete
  10. I can't wait for the news . . . :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should be able to post today or tomorrow...

      Delete
  11. Thanks for your comment, glad you enjoyed my Birchen Edge post and the lovely wall! I just wanted to stop by to let you know I've updated the post and added a short video, just in case you'd like to see it.

    I still have your blog bookmarked - I want to have a good look but life is so busy at the moment, I'm saving it for the school holidays when I have time to relax again!

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know about the video. I have never been able to figure out how to add a video to my blog - you are miles ahead of me. I really loved all of your pictures, especially the stone fence ones. I took many pictures of stone fences when I was in Scotland a couple years ago. They were much better at holding still than the sheep I was always trying to get pictures of! :-)

      Delete
  12. Looks like I get to read the news next. But really, how can anything be as good as 1) finding chocolate and 2) finishing that d#*m scarf. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point! It would be hard to top those two items. :-)

      Delete