Friday, March 15, 2013

Bad Day, Bird's Nest

I was sitting at the computer yesterday just starting to write a humorous blog post about something my mom did, when I got a text message from Alexandra. It said "I can't breathe normally without blacking out." This was at 3:30. I grabbed my knitting (years of experience have taught me to never enter the hospital's doors without it) and went to pick her up and take her to the emergency ward.

I didn't get home until late last night, so the humorous post will have to wait. It turns out yesterday was a rather humourless day. In fact, the only time I think I smiled was when the guy in the cubicle next to Alexandra was telling the doctor that he had hurt his leg when he dropped the 100 pound dumbbell on it at the gym. Even Alexandra had to smile at that one!

Here is the latest finished item to come off my needles. It's an Easter Nest. The free pattern can be found at Annie's wonderful Knitsofacto blog. The nest was knit using some cheap yarn called Loops & Threads, with one strand of regular yarn and one of a boucle. This was a fun, quick pattern to knit. It took me less than two hours from start to finish.


Hopefully today brings better things than yesterday. I'll have an update on Alexandra in my next post.

16 comments:

  1. OH NO -- I hope the update has a spot of good news in it, I hope Alexandra will be OK, and I hope you are strong in the middle of it Kristie. Sending lots of love and thoughts your way. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bird's nest. It looks great. I hope everything is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Dear! How horrible for you both. I do hope that Alexandra is doing better. It would be so scary to experience the inability to breath normally. Here's hoping today is a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about Alexandra. Hoping everything will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Alexandra is doing better. The birds nest is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope things are better for Alexandra today.I love your bird nest.I saw it on Annie blog yesterday and thought that I would like to try it!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness, I'm not liking the 'humourless' day bit, I do hope Alexandra is on the mend.

    Love that you knitted a nest though ... they're such harmless fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Hope Alexandra is doing better today! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My thoughts are with you and hope Alexandra is okay. Love the birds nest. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fingers crossed for Alexandra, that's scary.

    PS - I think they're only to be called dumbells when they're dropped.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gah.. Just blechy Gah.

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear that Alexandra is unwell, and you got to spend the day in the hospital, thank goodness for knitting :) I hope she is doing ok.
    Your nest is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that sounds like a VERY scary phone call, hope she is well now...Asthma???

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adding my "oh no!" to the chorus. Hopefully, Alexandra is doing better today and, hopefully, you're doing alright, too. Sending positive thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the little bird's nest and blue eggs, and I sure hope Alexandra is much better by now. That must have been a scary text to receive! ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sending positive thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete