Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Come Meet Hannah!

This project tops all others in terms of "fun factor." It started out with some feet and legs, followed by a torso and arms.

 


Next up came the head and neck. I smiled the whole time I was making that little nose.




I was aiming for a Scandinavian look, so was a little worried about the alien that appeared to be emerging from my needles.




The eyes were a bit tricky. And embroidery isn't my cup of tea, so the mouth and eyelashes were challenging.




Best not to talk about the two nights it took to attach all that hair. All I will say is the smile I had when making the nose was noticeably absent.




I couldn't leave her in just her tights and t-shirt so I knit her a sweater.




Then I spent a lovely Easter Monday afternoon sitting on our back deck, enjoying the record-breaking warm weather, knitting a little dress to go over the sweater. At one point I looked up from my knitting and noticed my yarn and mug were a perfect match. I promise I did not stage this!




Introducing Hannah...




I think she needs a friend, don't you?

21 comments:

  1. oh my goodness she is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! So cute! I love the sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I love Hannah, that nose is so cute! I love her sweater too, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely not a hard-hearted Hannah. She's very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, she's sweet! Love the outfit you made her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just love her and her outfit is so perfect.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG so darn cute! that dress is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is to DIE FOR!!! I LOVE her! Such a great job you did! I hope that she gets a good spot in your house to sit! She deserves centre stage! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have that book...but not the patience! How adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is gorgeous. I love the jumper under the dress idea - I think I may have to follow suit with the cold weather we're having.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet! She came out beautifully. You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I smiled the whole way through this Post - she is SO adorable! Love that you knitted her a Turtleneck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is awesome!!!! I admire anyone who makes little fiddly things, but this one is super cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous doll!! She's such a sweetie! Thanks for visiting me and leaving a message. I've loved finding your blog too! Ros

    ReplyDelete
  15. She's precious! And yes, she definitely needs a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a beautiful doll! I know if I was a little girl, I would love to carry her around. You did a great job! Why the name Hannah? Any special reason?

    ReplyDelete