Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Great Sweater Save

Rebekah returned from Korea a week ago, and yesterday she came up to Kamloops for a visit. Packed in her bag was the sweater she blogged about in this guest post back in December. After wearing it to bed every night during the long, cold Korean winter it was looking a bit sad. Honestly, when she held it up to show it to me I cracked up. It had more pills than our local pharmacy!




If you look closely at the sleeve on the right you should be able to see the multitude of pills. But just in case you can't, here's a close-up.



I wasn't a bit worried though because I have a secret weapon in my knitter's arsenal - the Gleener 
Ultimate Fuzz Remover.






This handy little tool gets a rating of 10 out of 10. See the difference between the right and left sleeves?




It changed this sweater from something that looked like it had a wool disease into something that you might actually want to wear. Or touch.






I'd say that's roughly half a sheep she is holding in her hands.

20 comments:

  1. Wow! That thing works really well. I don't think I've ever tried one before. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have something similar, works every time

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's excellent. Must be pleased to have your girl back for a while!
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you sure the title of this post shouldn't be "The Great Sweater Shave"? :P

    What a beautiful, well-loved sweater. I'm glad the de-fuzzer was put to such a good use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I officially have fuzz remover envy... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that she wore it to bed every night!! I want one of those defuzzers, it worked awesomely! Dare I ask if it takes very long?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It only took a few minutes, Sarah. It was incredibly fast and easy. :-)

      Delete
  7. Nifty gadget.....I need one! Glad you could save the sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You could use all those pills to make dryer balls!

    http://knitisay.blogspot.fr/2013/01/dryer-balls.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And welcome home, Rebekah!

      Delete
    2. Dryer balls are a great idea! Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  9. Wow, awesome! I have a sweater stone that I really need to remember to use more often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely need to get one of those. My new jacket is already pilling. I don't care, because I love it, but being pill free would improve the look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sometimes think I could stuff a cushion with the pills my defuzzer removes. Yours looks a lot easier to use, though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that is great. It must be a vacuum for sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HOLY MOLY! That. Is. Awesome. Just added this to my Amazon wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh - knitted bibs, de-pilling gadgets - you've got all sorts of novel things over here Kristie! I really enjoyed your daughter's guest post too - she's gorgeous, as is the lovely sweater you made her :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Much more impressive than a glove save (or a stick save)! That was supposed to be hockey-themed humor, but it was more of an overtime loss. :)

    I've tried using old razors, but they don't work nearly as well as the fuzz remover.

    ReplyDelete