Friday, May 31, 2013

Sold!!

Finally! When I got back from my walk on Wednesday I was shocked to see the "sold" marker on top of our realty sign. Our deal had to be closed by the next day, and we hadn't heard a word from our realtor since the buyers did the home inspection. Since I was still consuming leftover Worry Soup, I was quite sure there had been some kind of mistake. I phoned the realtor the minute I got in the door, and she confirmed it. The house has sold!!




The remainder of that day was spent in a sort of haze. I couldn't focus on a single thing, so spent several hours browsing online yarn shops and Ravelry, with some sort of stress-induced crazy plan to start knitting a Fair Isle vest that requires eleven different colours. Roughly two hours later I immersed from that knitting coma, emptied my shopping carts at Webs and The Loopy Ewe, and took a serious look around. The result has been a proliferation of Post-its.




Not only is there a move to plan for, there is also trip planning, baby knitting, and another huge project (more on that in a week or two) all needing attention. All of these things are good. Not just good, they are wonderful, exciting, much-anticipated events. But they all require something I won't have enough of if I spend any more hours planning a Fair Isle vest, and that is time.

In the midst of all this I have managed to finish my May Self-Imposed Sock of the Month Club instalment. It seems fitting somehow that this month's socks perfectly reflect the colours of the countryside that surround us here in Kamloops.


Opal Bicolor 5502
Whenever I wear them they will bring back fond memories of the sage and pines and sandstone hills that have been a part of my life for the past seven years.

27 comments:

  1. Yay! Carnac the Magnificent was right as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's just so wonderful. And HILARIOUS the way you decided you ought to immediately launch into a too-crazy knitting project. That made me laugh. Kristie, I am so so happy for you. Good luck with the next bit, wish I could be there to help you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Kristie! I know what a weight off your mind this will be. Not that planning a move is fun...(P.S. I used to be Ruth (no longer in Ottawa) but I got tired of typing all that every time!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congratulations...look forward to hearing about this big adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What a wonderful thing to come home to, and it must be a great relief. The socks look wonderful. I do the same thing with online shopping carts! They're onto me now - if I forget to empty them of my fantasy-shopping when I've snapped out of it, they come looking for me. I get emails saying, "Did you forget something?" Nope, I just improved my mood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! Wonderful news! I'm so happy for you. What a load off....

    ReplyDelete
  7. O most hearty congratulations!

    I love post-it lists as well. There's something SO satisfying about ripping off the post-it, crumpling it up, and tossing it in the trash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulation I was just wondering about this...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's great news. You must be so excited now. Kathy xxx

    P.S. You are more than welcome to use the Currently post. I'd love to see what else you're up to!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Wow, this gives you one heck of a project to keep you busy (but not stressed beyond the point that can be relieved by knitting).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations I was so pleased to hear your news and now you will be able to move closer to your family. When are you likely to be moving?
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic news, though I don't envy you the packing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many congratulations. This must be a big relief off your shoulders. Lovely socks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Kristie - here's to your next adventure!!

    (And amazing how well that colourway matches.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAY! congratulations, I am sooo sooo pleased for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow congratulations - have you already found a new house?
    I agree that multicolour post-it notes are required to organize a move. A few highlighter markers as well?
    LisaRR

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super news Kirstie, we still haven't sold our house outside of Paris...

    ReplyDelete
  18. What fabulous news!!! Packing is the pits but does give one the chance to shed oneself of all that unnecessary stuff we all seem to accumulate. How much time do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  19. brilliant news... when and where will you be going to??

    ReplyDelete
  20. Woohoo!!! So chuffed for you all Kristie :) Exciting times!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hooray! Congratulations and best wishes for a smooth pack up and move.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh yay!!! Such GREAT news!!! What a relief. Onwards and upwards now...Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, Kristie, this is fantastic news!! Yay! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations!
    -- stashdragon

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations on the sale, there will be time for knitting once you are settled

    ReplyDelete
  26. Brilliant news! Yes, there will be no time now for complex knitting projects, but think what fun it will be to do something special once you're in your new home. :-) Love the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Potong Pasir MRT at the doorstep, residents can easily access almost to any destination through.
    the interlace condo

    ReplyDelete