Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Almost An Oops

Thank you so much to everyone who contributed to the comment section on my last post. If you like a good mystery series I encourage you to read through the comments. There are tons of ideas for shows to watch. I would also say, judging from the comments, there is one show you probably don't want to view. I had never heard of the film Seven before, and I definitely won't be adding it to my list.

I fully intended to have this post be about spring. There are so many signs of it everywhere, and I never get tired of spotting them. I discovered this in our neighbourhood this past weekend while walking Fergus. I think it's brilliant. It makes me want to start looking in the thrift shops to see if I can find an old rocking chair.


The cottage with the rocking chair also had this banner hanging off their back deck. I'm not usually a fan of banners, but this one made me smile.


A patch of sun on the floor is doggy bliss.


Even the latest teapot spotted on my hike looks a bit like spring.


And that is where today's post was going to end. Then I had my Almost Oops moment. My routine is to get up early, make a cup of tea, look at the news headlines, then read through the list of blogs I follow. When I got to Granny's World I couldn't believe Sue had finished yet another baby sweater. She is an incredibly fast knitter. And that thought almost got me into a lot of trouble.

You see, I am really quite a terrible typist. This feature is enhanced if I am in a hurry, which I was this morning. I quickly typed out a comment on Sue's blog, including the phrase that she is " the fastest knitter I know." Except, and this would be a big except, I had mistyped the word fastest. Just as my finger hovered over the "publish" button I did a quick check of what I had written. Or, in this case, what the auto-correct feature had rewritten. My comment now said that Sue was "the fattest knitter I know."

So I would like to issue an apology. If I have called you names, insulted your latest craft project, or said things that made you consider calling the police, I'm sorry. And if you have any auto-correct horror stories of your own I would love to hear about them. It would make me feel better to know I'm not the only one who has had an Oops or Almost Oops experience.


21 comments:

  1. I love your Spring photos - especially the flowers in the old rocking chair! I wish Spring would make an appearance (and stick around until Summer) up here in Fort St. John. We had a bit of snow this morning, but not a whole lot. I'm just tired of winter - though not as tired as they are back home in the Maritimes. They are expecting a blizzard tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Spring, too! So many beautiful flowers in so many colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos, the chair is a great idea. I love your oops moment too, I will make sure I check my comments before publishing, and thanks for the blog plug

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just typed protestion rather than protection on a comment on Perpetua's blog....could have been a Freudian slip as I do protest a lot...but more likely it is the wrong pair of glasses....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flowers?? Green grass?? It's so nice to see them in your photos since we are having snow flurries today (for a change!). The only slight sign of spring we have is the odd patch of bare gravel on the driveway...we've almost forgotten what "green" looks like. Love the almost oops story, that was brave of you to 'fess up! -- Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHAHA! Thank goodness for proofreading. :-D I have had some odd auto-corrects, but I can't recall any that were offensive. I hope those signs of spring make there way to Chicago. We had snow again this morning. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the laugh!! That's great ... or awful ... whichever way you want to look at it :) You've got some lovely spring flowers there! We still have nothing like that ... robins are the only sign of spring at the mo.
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristie, you haven't insulted me--yet--with any auto-corrects in your comments on my Blog, so rest easy there. :-) I'm not aware of having done so in my comments to anyone, but then again, that might account for the low traffic my Blog receives! Hahaha. As for the beautiful rocking chair flower arrangement, if it was in my neighborhood it'd be covered in snow right now! Winter will just not go away this year for us. It must have known I loved it too much this year....but really, they say absence makes the heart go fonder, so please, Winter, take a break! I'll see you later in the year, if you please. And, as always, I enjoyed seeing Fergus. Gabriel's having a bad tummy day, and he's been so good for weeks! P.S. I enjoy your humor so much~ P.P.S. I reread this comment--twic. oops. I reread this comment 3 times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was emailing someone about needing a new pair of wellies and Outlook automatically changed it to willies. Shame I was sat at work at the time - you could hear her laughing from another building!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a scientist and a friend told me that he once submitted a grant asking the Government of Canada for a "Spinning Dick Microscope" instead of a "Spinning Disk microscope". Makes me laugh every time I think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that little collection of spring blooms on the old chair is a heart-stopper!! And the old teapot looks great in the woods, too. That auto correct has a lot to answer for, doesn't it. No particular funnies to report about myself, but I am aware of the need for vigilence!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hee hee, that's funny. I'm sure we all do it. I've noticed that my G key on my laptop has been sticking a bit, so I've been telling everyone how "lad" I am for whatever good thing has happened to them lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Kristie,

    Sorry but that made me laugh!! And I love the bridie banner. It all looks so bright where you live. We are under murky cloud again today, which is a shame. Walking the dog in drizzle is not my idea of fun. Enjoy your day!

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That made me laugh. My friend and I often share predictive text messages that sound so ridiculous and just make us hoot with laughter.
    Your spring flowers look lovely this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely springy things! I like your oops story!! We have all had these moments. Over here we call wellington boots - galoshes - wellies, which autocorrect always changes to something else where the second letter becomes an i - indeed it did it to me just now, but I fixed it! - so rest assured, we all have these things happen!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your typos or auto corrects would never offend, but...these photos of Spring have to stop!

    Seriously gorgeous signs of Spring out your way.....gives me hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi kristie, i had to come over and say hello, i saw your comment about the fattest knitter and had the best giggle. what would we do without auto correct and a good sense of humor?! love what you wrote about it. and i've enjoyed your photos too, i used to have a header photo almost exactly like yours (except i was in the pacific ocean).

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful pictures! I saw daffodils blooming along the road last Friday. Then it snowed for 14 hours on Tuesday. It didn't accumulate much and hopefully it was winter's final act.

    I've left a trail of deleted comments all across the blogosphere. Only a few were offensive, most of them just made me look like an idiot. I know I haven't caught and deleted all of my errors. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha, autocorrect has provided us with some good entertainment in the last few years, hasn't it? I've had a few "almost oops" moments with it, but so far I haven't called anyone a fatty (as far as I know...).

    Your daffodil photo prompted me to stand up and look out the window to see if there were any signs of mine yet. Nope, still covered with several inches of snow. But that should change in the next few days, so I'll keep looking. Those daffodils are one of the few flowers the deer won't devour in my yard, so I love them! ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your sense of humour Kristie. I have hopefully not yet committed any spelling offences but if I did, I would blame my non native English speaker status... Don't you just love Spring colours? Vibrant and almost a little over the top. I declare daffodil yellow my current favourite colour. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I once managed 'your pink bottoms' in a comment about buttons, with hindsight I see it could have been worse, they could have been big buttons!

    ReplyDelete