Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A Picture Post

Sorry for the blog silence. I was in Victoria for a few days visiting Lucy, and there wasn't a spare moment for blogging while I was there. She is a very busy toddler! Diana and Lucy picked me up at the ferry terminal Thursday afternoon. On our way to their house we stopped at a park so Lucy could play. She's wearing the green sweater I knit for her last fall. I was happy to see it still fits.


Lucy loves stories, and like most toddlers wants to hear the same one over and over again. She liked the Mitten book, and the fingerless mitts I made her fit. As predicted though, she didn't keep them on her hands for very long. She kept peeling them off, then holding them up for me to put back on.


Friday afternoon I watched Lucy while Karsten and Diana worked. We read more stories, coloured, played peekaboo, and played with her favourite toys.


When she got up from her nap one of her pigtails had come out, so I took out the remaining pigtail and gave her a triceratops hairdo.


Saturday we went to a different playground. Lucy liked the slide, but I think her favourite thing to do was to roll in the mud. It was a bit like walking Fergus.


As you can see from some of the pictures, Lucy's hair has a way of escaping the elastic bands, so Sunday morning before I left I decided to try braids instead. The report that evening was that they had managed to stay in all day.


Now I'm back home again and have a long "to do" list. Taxes need to be filed, clothes need to be washed, groceries need to be purchased. This week the weather forecast is for sunny skies and warm days. Well, warm for the beginning of March. I need to get some pruning done in the yard, and, unbelievably, there are already a few weeds that need to be pulled. I'm tempted to plant some kale seeds, just to see if they would make it. I also have a couple of finished objects to show you, but that will have to wait until my next post. Happy Tuesday!

29 comments:

  1. You had such a wonderful time with Lucy! Those images are so lovely and it's amazing how grown up she is now! You must be so proud of her. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful little grandchild you have! Looks like you had great fun and I love the jumper you knitted x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't she a lovely young lady! I can relate to the hair problem, my daughter Annie's hair never stays in place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very beautiful and delightful series of photos. Greetings from Montreal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is just so darling! I love the triceratops hairdo, and of course the braids. So glad you were able to spend time with your sweet little one.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. What happy (busy) photos, Love the triceratop-tails - so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks as though you had a wonderful time together! Even if the mitts came off a lot, at least she wanted them put back on! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh she is so cute!! Mitts on mitts off!! What a lovely happy post, I bet you are both missing each other lots this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's one very happy and beautiful child!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucy just gets more adorable each time. I see what I have to look forward to in a few months when we babysit.....I'll probably be exhausted by the end of the day. And those mitts look so sweet on her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ack taxes.....me too.
    Lovely pics btw, nothing like hanging out with a toddler to make a person smile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you had a wonderful visit with them. Lucy is getting so big! I can't believe it. Her hair is cute and I know exactly what it's like because my daughter's was the same way. I used to come up with some crazy hairstyles just to keep it off her face because the hairbands always slid out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. she is a beautiful little girl and I would drop everything for grand child time! Especially if I had to travel and had brief visit spurts. Soak it all up and enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Lucy is getting big very quickly! She looks like she's a lot of fun to be around. And, those mitts look amazing! She's adorable in all her hand knits!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that Lucy is not afraid of mud! She's going to have a lot of fun over the next 10 years. :) She's as adorable as ever and I'm really glad you were able to spend time with her. My daughter had really fine hair when she was little. I forget why, but one year she and I were home alone the night before her school pictures were being taken. I had instructions to put her hair in little curlers. It was quite an experience for both of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. PS - My daughter's hair is really think now, which presents her with different problems.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Kristie,
    I am loving your new blog header. It's great! Your grand-daughter is such a beauty! I'm a sucker for a little girl. We are all boys here. I'd love to indulge a little one with pink and frou frou.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason your comment was posted three times, Leanne. I hope you don't mind, but I deleted the extra two.

      Delete
  20. Beautiful pictures of your grand-daughter, thanks for sharing.

    I have five wonderful grandchildren - I love spending time with them.

    Take Care and....

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a little sweetheart you have in Lucy. She is gorgeous, and you must have enjoyed your time with her. I love the hairstyles! Grandchildren really are the Best Thing :))

    ReplyDelete
  22. How adorable is Lucy! Love the hair bunches :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lucy is so cute!! My daughter once 'ordered' me to put in three pigtails, and that was a day we went to a local fair ... I laughed every time I saw that crazy hairdo! I love visiting Victoria to see my brother, but am long overdue for a trip west. Lucy's sweet little hands look adorable in those fingerless mitts! You're the best grandma ;)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  24. She really is the most adorable child! And I love the triceratops do. What fun you and she have.

    ReplyDelete
  25. She is beautiful, isn't lovely spending precious time with your Grandaughter...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lucy is such a beautiful child! Can't wait to have a grand to spend time with. Just a few more months!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lucy is certainly no baby any more, Kristie but a bonny and bright little girl. I love your photos of her and can see just how much you enjoyed your time with her.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lucy is beyond too cute!! Love the pictures (and the sweater)

    ReplyDelete