Friday, May 15, 2015

A Long Weekend and a Lopi Vest

I need to keep this one short. I brought my computer out on the front porch to compose this post over an hour ago, and due to numerous interruptions am just now getting started. It's the Victoria Day long weekend here in Canada. I had never heard of Victoria Day until Jay and I sat down to pick a wedding date, and it was suggested as a possibility since his Canadian family would have the extra day to make the trip down. That was thirty-six years ago, which seems hard to believe.

I have another finished project off the needles. I actually started this way back in February, and then it got shoved aside while I worked on more exciting things. I promised myself that I couldn't cast on anything new until I finished this, which was all the motivation I needed. Here is my Lett-Lopi sweater, hot off the needles.




It was a bit lumpy before it was washed and blocked, but it all evened out as it dried.




I'm not that keen on pictures of myself. It wasn't until this blog and Ravelry that I would even allow pictures of me to be taken. At least now I have a kindred spirit for a photographer instead of a reluctant husband. I'll give him credit for trying, but let's face it. He's a Muggle. I've also noticed it's much easier to smile when one's not feeling annoyed.



I'm off to Victoria tomorrow to visit this sweet pea, so should have lots of pictures to share next week.




Happy Victoria Day!

19 comments:

  1. First of all you look amazing! Amazing in that sweater and amazing everyday. I never ask my husband to photograph me, he is a Muggle too. That is why I got a dress dummy. Have a wonderful trip!!!!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sweater looks like a beautiful turquoise necklace graces it. And I think you look quite lovely. Lucy is adorable. Is she a hugger? Or too busy running around?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sweater and beautiful model. So, happy anniversary, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have definite vest envy! Both you and the vest look stunning. Happy Victoria Day / Anniversary and enjoy your trip. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the yoke on your vest top. You have such a serene face. There should be more photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, there's a muggle here too. But the photo of you is lovely and the top is wonderful, well done you. I love the idea of sitting on the porch with the computer, how nice. Have a lovely Victoria day, in Victoria, and wishing you a happy anniversary as well. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your jumper is beautiful!!!! I wish I could knit one......and actually look as good as you in one. x I will stick to my big baggy one I'm making.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Kristie,
    Why are we all so reluctant to get in front of the camera?! It's a great shot of you! You do make some lovely things. Thanks for all your advice in my last post. I have taken it all on board, and looked up some of the suggestions. Have a lovely time visiting your grand daughter.
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the top, it looks really good on you. Enjoy your visit with Lucy, she really is a beauty

    ReplyDelete
  10. That vest is gorgeous! What great colors to put together! Reminds me of the landscape you see in pictures of Iceland. I have never been there, but I get the impression that the weather and the land make a dramatic pair! Not that I think your vest is crazy dramatic :) I think it's perfect! Have fun with your family in Victoria!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful sweater, wonderful granddaughter -- your post brightened my day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh -- I really love this sweater...and it is one of the first short-sleeved yoke sweaters I've seen (I have a thing for short-sleeved sweaters...love them!). And you look fabulous although I certainly understand the 'don't want a picture taken of myself' thing. Have fun in vancouver visiting the sweet little one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. really lovely west and so cute sweetie pie.take care and enjoy your visit Jaana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your sweater is beautiful. I love those colors up near your face, they really suit you. I hope you have a great weekend visiting Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look stunning, such a beautiful sweater. Have a great time visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. you are beautiful my dear, and that sweater is stunning!! I know of Victoria day because my husband is canadian and we would visit over that weekend or over memorial weekend his parents in Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's beautiful - the colors are stunning and it fit's just perfect.
    I have wanted to make one for so long but I don't think my colour work is up to standard yet.
    Have a fun time in Victoria.

    ReplyDelete
  18. (Belatedly) happy Victoria Day Kristie, and happy Lucy visit too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Are you constantly asked "where did you buy that?" I love how you choose to photograph things, Kristie. Placing the vest on those rocks and twigs is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete