Monday, January 18, 2016

A Knitter's Roll

There's been a flurry of finishing here at the Hammond cottage. There's something about January that seems to make my needles go faster. The projects almost seem to finish themselves. Instead of my usual knitters math of casting on two projects for every one I finish, I'm actually at a one to one ratio. But before I start the picture parade, a word of warning. This post is 100% knitting content, so if knitting isn't your thing you might want to skip this particular post.




My brother asked me if I could knit him a toque that would match his neon green ski pants and black jacket. He texted me a picture and my first thought was where in the world was I going to find neon green yarn. Then I remembered I had some leftover from making mittens a few years ago. Gotta love stash! It's the popular Turn A Square by Jared Flood.




Next up is a classic case of "the cobbler's children have no shoes." During our two weeks of winter Jay was trying to find a hat. It turns out he doesn't own one. Feeling somewhat humiliated, I quickly cast on a Rib-A-Roni with some lovely Madelinetosh yarn. (The hat is being modelled by my son-in-law due to the fact that my husband has decided to grow a beard. This blog is officially boycotting the beard. )




This pattern has been in my Ravelry queue for quite some time. It's Rye, by Tin Can Knits. I knit a man's size with sport weight yarn. This was a quick and fun pattern!




Just in time for Valentine's Day! A Milo with a heart cable pattern. Another great "go to" baby pattern. I made a couple for Lucy when she was little, and now it's Ella's turn.




I was so happy with how this Wee Envelope by Ysolda Teague turned out. It fits perfectly, and I think it really suits Ella.




This last photo isn't something that I knit this month, but I wanted to show you Ella wearing her Christmas Licorice Allsorts sweater. It's still a bit big, but that's okay. It should fit perfectly by the time spring rolls around. Doesn't she look like a wee gnome?

January is just halfway over, so I'm sure there will be more knitting completed before the month ends. What do you have on your needles?

27 comments:

  1. !! Those are all so wonderful! And seeing Ella and Lucy (modeling or not) is always wonderful. Ella does look like a sweet little gnome. You're a knitting turbomaster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great makes. Ella looks amazing in her stunning liquorice allsorts sweater and a beautiful model. Love the socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little dress with the heart pattern. You are so prolific, and such cute models!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the flurry of finishing! It has produced spectacular results with so many great things!!! You are a great knitter! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, Kristie. I love everything you made, especially the things for the babies. I especially like the purple top, such a pretty color. Your brother looks just like you! I don't know if I've noticed that before. I'm glad all the recipients like their knitted things. Watch out for that beard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such terrific knits!! I love the neon green and black hat and all those adorable baby knits are just too darn cute. Yah someone here thought they'd grow a full on beard- not so much. The daughter shut that one down very quickly. Tell him it will just make him look older, and it does!! You sure do look like your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm no knitter, but I enjoyed all the photos, such clever work you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a non-knitter, I love seeing your projects. The neon green stripes look perfect for the snow - he will always be found! The socks look so warm and cosy, but the winner has to be the little gnome in her licorice allsorts - how cute is she? Great post Kristie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely makes & the allsorts sweater is adorable x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a simple knitter/crocheter but I really enjoy seeing the fruit of your labour. Your little gnome is sweet. Thanks for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing your handiwork even though I am not a knitter. It's always so stylish--not my grandmother's knitting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful finished objects, every one. It's great when people ask you for specific items, isn't it? With a photo for colour reference no less.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh, your knitting rate is phenomenal, Kristie. I love the variety of what you knit. I really must venture beyond socks and the odd baby sweater one day... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Terrific work, Kristie. Well done!
    -- stashdragon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elle is so cute! January has been really hectic, not in a positive way. Seeing Ella smiling in licorice brought a welcome smile. :)
    Jay didn't have a hat? He probably lost them! That's a great match to the neon green.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Goodness you have been busy. I love everything but inparticular Ella's Wee Envelope

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your have been busy with your knitting! I love the way you managed to match your brother's hat to his trousers! I admired Ella's jumper previously and it looks so lovely on! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything looks great! Your baby knits are inspiring me -- I've got a new niece and so far have only made her a blanket. (I never trust myself to finish baby things before the babies are too big.)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your knitting and especially the baby things; they're gorgeous (as is Ella!). I've just finished knitting a very long pink scarf with an Aran design on it. Lots of crochet on the go too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lots of lovely knitting, everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your needles are flying! I love everything you have made, you are my knitting inspiration, I need to get going on some things myself.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'd be boycotting the beard as well :)
    I'll have to take a closer look at the socks. Rib a Roni is one of my go-to hats.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loving this post. You really are flying with your needles. Ella looks absolutely adorable and it really doesn't matter that the liquorice all sorts is a tad big.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful hand knits. And enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful hand knits. And enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I didn't have a clue what my husband looked like without his beard until a few years ago when he shaved for the first time since I'd met him. I had to insist he grew it back!

    Ella is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such beautiful baby knitting! The patterns are so special too.

    ReplyDelete