Sunday, April 17, 2016

Sunday Sundries

:: I did the latest update on my Macbook yesterday, and when I went to write this post I discovered I could no longer open my Photos application. That meant I had to email myself the pictures I wanted for this post and then open them on my desktop to be able to access them.

:: I have started using Bloglovin, and for the most part I really like it. However, there is one fairly major problem with it. Every time I leave a comment on a blog now I get one of those emails telling me my email couldn't be delivered. I have no idea why this is happening since I am not sending an email. If anyone who uses Bloglovin has encountered this problem and figured out a solution I would love to hear from you.

:: My technical difficulties extend beyond my computer. I think I'm entering one of my awkward phases again. Last week at the market I went to place a bag of green beans at the checkout. Unfortunately the zip lock seal at the top wasn't done up and the green beans went flying. Then a couple days ago I dropped my favourite Weck jar on the counter. It made a bad noise, but when I looked at it it appeared to be fine. But last night my husband brought the jar to me after finishing his dessert (they are brilliant for individual dessert portions) and showed me the crack along the bottom.

:: I don't know if you remember me blogging about I sweater I started last spring that ended up resembling a bag. Seriously, when I got up to the armholes and took it off the needles to try on I was horrified to see that two, possibly even three, of me could have fit in it. I was so disappointed. The yarn was a wool/linen blend from Blacker Yarns in the UK. I loved the yarn, and I had really wanted a sweater that would be great to wear on cool spring days or in the evening in the summer once the sun goes down. I promptly stuffed it all in a bag and shoved it to the back of my craft closet where it sat in a time out until this spring.




:: This time around I picked a completely different kind of pattern. Basically that means I was looking for one that wasn't bag shaped. This is Backshore, by Alicia Plummer.




:: It's everything I was hoping it would be, and I've already worn it several times. I wasn't sure I was going to like knitting with something that had linen in it, but it turns out this yarn is a dream to knit with. I will definitely be using it again.




:: This wee mouse was spotted by my friend's grandson on a recent hike up Teapot. Aren't those ears adorable?



:: We also spotted this teapot. The blue and white pattern is very beautiful, but it left me wondering who would want a teapot with a hole in the middle. Perhaps that's the very reason it's hanging on a branch on Teapot Hill rather than occupying a kitchen.



:: I never get tired of the way the light filters through the trees on a sunny day. Depending on the angle of the sun, plants, branches, patches of moss, spider webs, needles and leaves on the path, or even a whole mountainside can appear to be glowing. Here's nature's version of a garland.



:: The sun is shining and our forecast high for this afternoon is 25 Celsius (77 Fahrenheit). It's still quite cool this morning, but once it warms up I plan to spend some of my Sunday afternoon sitting on my front porch with my knitting and a cold drink. What about you? Do you have any special plans for the day?

25 comments:

  1. Really like the sweater and it looks super on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sweater, well done. We have spent the day working in the garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. This jumper is great, I particularly like the sleeve length. I don't like Bloglovin much and avoid it when I can but for some blogs, it is the only way to follow. I don't have the same problem that you experience but CJ at Above the River has mentioned something similar in her latest post. I am not sure if she uses Bloglovin. When I post on Bloglovin, I tend to close the Bloglovin frame before I leave a comment. Not sure if this makes sense? Have a lovely week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's strange. I've been receiving a lot of those emails and hadn't connected them to leaving comments on blogs. I usually check that my comments have been published and there are no problems there. Hopefully it is just a temporary glitch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, as Christina says I have exactly the same problem. Someone on my blog has given me a couple of tips. Having researched it a bit it seems that google may be treating my emails (which are sent to blog owners when I leave a comment on their blogs) as spam and blocking them from being delivered. I am trying to change my email address. I spent all morning trying to get a new email address set up to deliver via Windows Live Mail and got absolutely nowhere. Very tempted to throw laptop through the window. I think it means that no-one will see our comments unless they look at them on their blog, because they won't have an email notification of them. Of course, maybe you're not actually able to see my comment either... If and when I get it sorted I'll let you know. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't had a problem, maybe bloglovin wants the email you used to set up the account to match the one that is sending the message? if they match, I've got nothing...

    I love your sweater!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've avoided updating for fear of all those related problems that take so long to sort out. Nice sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful sweater!!! I had the same problem on Bloglovin, have no solution thought.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the same problem with Blogger, I look and the comments do actually arrive I just get that email saying they are not delivered. No way of knowing why, plus now I don't get emails from some bloggers that I used to even though their blogs are not no-reply blogs! Anyway love that sweater of yours, you are amazing.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sweater - favorite colors, too!
    Our daughter adopted a mouse like that many years ago. Did you know mice wash themselves, like a cat? I always thought the ears were the best part, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sweater Kristie, very chic, and you are looking good. Bloglovin totally confuses me and I avoid it whenever possible, coward that I am. That teapot was made for Teapot Hill! How I'd love to walk up there :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful sweater and beautiful pictures! It was a lovely day here too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful sweater, love the colours of the yarn and style, particularly the sleeve length. The teapots on teapot hill always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, as a newcommer here in your world I can only salute you! Knitting is definitely not my cup of tea and the only knitting I've done was in school, 7th grade I believe, where I was an absolute disaster knitting mittens. I finished one, never got my hand into it and changed to woodcraft next term. I love the teapot, nice to look at, impossible to clean.
    I would like to read more of your posts and will do so. I am myself a middleaged female blogger in Sweden, trying to get the hang of it. Thank you for a lovely post!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Our little Alejandro arrived last Thursday! So that's what I was doing yesterday--visiting him.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I spent yesterday weeding, digging and helping to plant some new hedging plants. Followed by a long, hot bath! Your jumper is great - it looks very professional. Sunlight through trees is an uplifting sight, as is your photo of the mossy(?) garland. Hope your Sunday afternoon turned out as planned.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have a terrible time with pictures, no matter what system--except for instagram. I hope the difficulties don't jump over to affect/infect a certain set of machines that begin with "appl" (which could be anything. Hey, the MacBook is just a different type of "appl". Maybe it's too late!!! :D

    The sweater is a winner. It's really lovely.

    After spending Friday and Saturday in the yard, I spent Sunday in the house treating allergy symptoms and watching baseball. And treating the mildest case of sunburn I've ever had. Barely a burn at all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Kristie,
    I cannot access my Bloglovin account anymore. It doesn't recognise my password, and won't let me change it. So I've abandoned it altogether. I'm sure it could be fixed, but I'm useless at techy stuff, and I can't be bothered to as Marc to help me out. Your jumper is a beauty. It really suits you. I'm catching up here, but had a lovely weekend, dominated by Marc, my sister in law and nephew running the Plymouth half marathon. They were brilliant! I was so proud and in awe of them all. Apart from that, it's all about the garden at the moment.
    Have a lovely week.
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I used feedly a couple of years ago when everything changed and so far there haven't been any problems with it. It is so frustrating when technology doesn't work! Your new jumper is lovely you always choose the colours that I love. It must be fun to visit Tea pot hill and discover the new tea pots! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have used Bloglovin' for a few years now and have never run into that problem. Hmmm. I might suggest emailing their support people, though. I had a different problem with my account and emailed them for help, and a real person wrote back and helped me through it! I was so impressed. I love this sweater! It looks so nice on you. Just beautiful. And that tea pot is so unusual, what a sight. I love it. Not much new here, other than the fact that it's raining for the fourth day in a row, which is wonderful but also beginning to seem a little weird, like the set-up for a trick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That sweater is an excellent style on you!
    Teapot with a hole ... odd indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like your sweater.
    We spent Sunday dodging the rain on the island of Madeira. Even today we are still there dodging the rain. During the in between days it has been very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely sweater, it really suits you. And how long your hair grown!
    Shall I say that every time you mention that teapot hill, my heart skips a beat?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely sweater, it really suits you. And how long your hair grown!
    Shall I say that every time you mention that teapot hill, my heart skips a beat?

    ReplyDelete