Thursday, September 22, 2016

A New Season

It's been awhile. So long, in fact, that I'm not even sure where to start or what to say. I think I can best sum up by saying it's a new season. My very favourite season, and I'm looking forward to the crisp, cool days ahead. To me they mean wearing wool socks, having soups simmering on the stove, and enjoying the slower, quieter pace that accompanies the fall.




The light at this time of the year is always a treat.




At times it's a brilliant backdrop to the leaves as they slowly change from a dark green to a bright red.




At other times it's dark and brooding, threatening to rain at any moment.




And after the rains, the sun seems extra bright as it pours into our cottage.




Even the animals seem to enjoy the light at this time of the year.




Some of the most dramatic moments are just as the sun is going down for the night. I came across this scene a few evenings ago as I was walking Fergus. I loved the contrast between the heavy, black clouds and the lights in the nearby cottage window.

I'm very much hoping that this coming season of diminishing light will also be one of great brightness. It's nice to be back...

19 comments:

  1. What wonderful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Kristie, and happy Autumn! - Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. You captured the essence of Autumn in every picture, a joy to behold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from Ireland, Kristie. What a pleasure to see your lovely images of Autumn, my best season too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love early autumn, too! Good to see you back Kristie, I missed your lovely postings. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fall is my favorite time of year as well. And as much as I want to be home now enjoying it, there is a perk to being this far north. I get to experience 2 falls...one early up here, and one 'late' back home. It's a treat! Glad you returned...coming back after a hiatus is hard I know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back, I missed you. My mother used to read me a poem when I was small - October's Bright Blue Weather - your photo of the maple tree captured it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure glad I checked your blog every day during this lull of your's, welcome back. Who's dogs are those? I know you had just one before??????

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to see you back and I love all the photographs. I'm ready for autumn/ winter here too. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you enjoy all the new season has to bring - and that the animals do too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been missed my friend. I love your photos. Can you send Fall my way please?
    Sending you a big hug,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back. You have been missed.
    I do hope you have brighter days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to read your post again, Kristie. You certainly have had some dramatic moments this year, but not all blog posts have to celebrate the light. I'm sure that we all like to hear your voice, talking through some darker times.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thoroughly enjoy the diminishing light! I'm one of the few people that do. The weather here has finally cooled down and feels so nice after a hot summer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's good to here from you again and to share your wonderful pictures of autumn. It feels much the same here especially today wearing warmer socks and enjoying hot bowls of soup! I smiled at the pictures of the animals, they always find the best spots! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So good to hear your voice! We've missed you! Fall is a favorite time here in Vermont as well; warm sunny days with cool nights. Time to put away the porch furniture and set up the wood rack. Evenings devoted to fires and knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You, like me, seem to be struggling with blog posts! I love your photos, if nothing else just share them

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing pictures! I love it when the animals sunbathe. You can feel how much they enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome back, I hope it's a wonderful autumn for you and the family!

    ReplyDelete